Monday, May 2, 2011

. . . . . Seether . . . . .



I got a phone call from a friend a few days ago, he told me that he has two extra tickets to the Seether show at the end of May. I have never seen this band before but I have been a fan of theirs for quite some time now. I have been told that they have remarkable stage presence and always put on a great show. Now, if you have been reading my blogs you would know that I will not turn down an opportunity to see a show, especially a band that I have been wanting to see play. Unfortunately I am in a volleyball league this summer and the season starts the night of the show. So I find myself in a bit of a predicament. I would welcome opinions and advice. It will undoubtedly be a great show but do I disappoint my team and enjoy an amazing rock group or do I be a team player and head to the beach for some volleyball?

Vocabulary:
Remarkable (adj)- worthy of being noticed, especially as being extraordinary
Presence (n)- the condition of being present
Unfortunately(adj)- undeserved bad luck
Predicament(n)-a situation, especially an unpleasant
Undoubtedly(adv)-without question
Disappoint (v)-to fail to satisfy the hope, desire, or expectation of.

Fill in the blank:
1. ________ I am sick, so i can not come to your party.
2. You look ________ beautiful in that dress.
3. My ________ is always welcome.
4. What would you do in this ___________?
5. It is ___________ what you have done to your room, it looks wonderful.
6. I do not want to ___________ my team.
Grammar Points:
In class we are discussing how to properly write a story using the correct format with an introduction, a body, and a conclusion. For this story, please think of a time when you had to make a decision, what was it? how did you handle it? please use at least three of the vocabulary words in your response.

No comments:

Post a Comment