Monday, May 9, 2011

JaHsTiX

One Sunday afternoon, I went to a local restaurant with a friend of mine. The tropical sounds of Bob Marley tunes consumed my head. What was that amazing sound I thought to myself? I inquired who he is from the waiter and he said "It's Jahstix, he plays here all the time. One of the best Reggae/SKA musician there is".  As I listened to his music, it brought me back to an island or maybe it was the margarita I was drinking; either way, he sounded phenomenal, his voice mimicked Bob Marley exactly but with his own little touch on it. I had to find out where else he performed, especially because he plays places where I live. He has a great vibe and he would definitely be someone to watch in the summer time. When we were leaving the restaurant, we were stopped by a woman who had nothing but praise for Jahstix. She said he us superb and one of her favorites, she even booked him for her daughter confirmation. He must be some kind of wonderful I thought to myself. We only got to hear a little bit of his set but I will try to find out where he is playing next. I highly recommend checking him out if you live on the south shore of Long Island 


Vocabulary:
Consumed (v)- To absorb; engross
Inquired (v)-To seek information
Phenomenal (adj)-Extraordinary; outstanding
Mimicked (v)- to copy
Praise (n)-Expression of approval
Superb (adj)-Of unusually high quality; excellent

Find the verb in the sentence and correct the tense:
1. She walk to the store.
2. Every time he listen to the music, he dance.
3. The cat chase the mouse.
4. Wake up in the morning is hard.
5. Jahstix play the guitar perfectly.
6. He read the book as he fall asleep at night.

Grammar Points:
We talked about verb tense this week. M
ake up five sentences that use different verb tenses in them, please use at least three different types of verb tenses.


No comments:

Post a Comment