Tuesday, May 10, 2011

~ Sara Bareilles ~

I know I have been writing about rock music and rock groups in all my blogs. However, there is a softer side to my character. I am a devoted fan of Sara Bareilles. She has such a beautiful voice. She is an American singer-songwriter and also plays the piano. She started her success in 2007 with her single "Love Song", it was an instant hit.
Last year, my friend and I tried to go to her concert but tickets sold out within a week of going on sale, it was unbelievable. Needless to say, we did not get to attend the show. We were so upset about it, we attempted to go on other websites to try to purchase tickets, even called friends to see if anyone had extra tickets. No chance, we missed the show. As i was browsing through Ticketmaster's website, I came across a show that Sara Bareilles is playing in Central Park at the end of the summer. I am elated because this will be the year I get to see her and in Central Park no less. Picture this....a warm summer night, the sweet sounds of Sara Bareilles playing while surrounded by my best girlfriends. I can not imagine it gets much better. I am extremely excited to attend this show and I know my friends are as well.

Vocabulary:
Character (n)-The distinctive nature of something
Devoted (adj)-Very loving or loyal.
Unbelievable (adj)-extraordinary
Website (n)-A set of interconnected webpages
Browsing (v)-To inspect something leisurely and casually
Imagine (v)-Form a mental image or concept of

Fill In the Blank:
1. Please close your eyes and _________ you are somewhere that makes you happy.
2. He is a _________ baseball fan.
3.It was ______ how he made that play to home plate.
4. She went to the library and was _________ through the fiction section.
5. he played a ________ in the Sound of Music.
6. I love that ______, it lets you play free games on the internet.

Grammar Points:
In class, we talked about conjunctions. A conjunction is a word that connects words, phrases, clauses, or sentences. Please circle the conjunctions in the sentences above and write your own five sentences and then circle the conjunctions you used in them as well.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love her!!! i saw her at jones beach a couple summers ago when she openned for maroon 5 and counting crows--soo good! you are going to have the greatest time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concert sounds great. I like many different types of music. My son likes Streetlight Manifesto, Alkaline Trio ..., also interesting contemporary music.

    My favorite singers are Sting, Neil Young, Bryan Adams, James Taylor, and Carole King.

    ReplyDelete