Sunday, February 6, 2011

Three Days Grace....

Music is everything. It can change your mood, can inspire you and it can move you emotionally and physically. It is truly a wonderful feeling when you connect to a sound, song, melody, or beat. To reference my first blog, Chris Cornell is a genius, and his voice moves me. This blog I will focus on another band that I enjoy very much, they are called Three Days Grace. I was looking for upcoming concerts on Ticketmaster and to my delight they are going to be playing a show in New Jersey.  I have never seen them in concert so it will definitely be a great show for me. The first time seeing a band play live is always exciting. In relation to Chris Cornell, they have a harder sound and much more rock/metal then Chris Cornell; although they are comparable and in somewhat of the same genre of music as Audioslave. This time I was determined not to miss out, I wanted tickets as soon as possible before they sell out. I asked my friend Wendy and she agreed to go with me. I got the tickets, it will be an exciting night and I am looking forward to finally seeing Three days Grace live in concert.


Vocabulary:
Inspire (v)- To affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence.
Reference (n)- A note in a publication referring the reader to another passage or source.
Genius (n)- A person of extraordinary intellect and talent
Delight (n)- Something that gives great pleasure or enjoyment
Comparable (n)- Similar or equivalent
Genre (n)- A category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, marked by a distinctive style, form, or content

Fill in the blank
1. Music was always her _________.
2. A leader ___________ by example.
3. The bottle of water was ___________ in price to the soda bottle.
4. her professor was a __________ in her eyes.
5. The book she had chosen to read was in the __________ of non-fiction.
6. Tom __________ an article he had previously read to explain his paper.

Grammar Points
This post referred to the feelings, emotionally and physically, that a person can have from listening to music. Please use the vocabulary words to create a song or poem that reflects how you feel about music. you must use at least three of the vocabulary words for full credit.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about the impact music can have on your mood! I can be in the worst mood and put on that one song, and everything is better all of a sudden. I also love going to concerts! There's nothing like being surrounded by tons of people, knowing you're al there for the very same reason: to see the band /singer that you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about music being able to change your mood. I know I can feel a difference in my moods when I listen to different types of music. I also see the effect music has on my students and it's amazing! Some of them even have a music program where the different beats and pitches of the music is used to calm them and help them concentrate.

    It's so cool how you are always going to live shows. It's wonderful to be so involved in the music scene, and listen to a lot of it, but actually being at the concerts with all the people and the noise and vibrations of the speakers is exhilarating.

    ReplyDelete